Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Hey Mr. DJ!

This blog has been terribly neglected, but through the generosity of a loyal client.  We're back!
Recently, someone remarked how many days into 2015 we are and I thought, 'yeah... AND? Think about how many minutes you are into every day and SHINE! Just know that I am staging a comeback of astronomic proportions, to be outdone only by Jesus.
I am ever so appreciative of my people, the good and bad, the shady and SHINY. It's a rough road we travel, but comfortable shoes make all the difference. My mother always believed in putting good money on your feet and in your mouth. When your feet or teeth hurt, your quality of life is dangerously compromised. Invest in those things that upgrade your quality of life. In addition to foot and mouth, I invest in people something more precious than money. A coin comes and goes. Somebody say, "but TIME..." I'll wait.
Put some time into your associations and relationships. Some will show an immediate return, which is lovely, but don't count out the long shot or slow burner. I met someone many years ago and saw something shiny that I almost mistook for flashy (there's a difference). I invested enough time for my eyes to focus after the flash, but life pulled us onto separate paths and we lost touch. Fast-forward a few years. I walked into the New York apartment of someone I no longer see (or rather see all too clearly) and who should I find sitting on the sofa all shiny? Mr. DJ!  Stumbling upon an old friend in New York outside of social media is not among the easiest things you'll ever do. Somebody say, "but God."
I must always consider God's design for my life, based on what we've already done, not only the bold, sweeping transitions, but the quiet, subtle pattern. I was obedient and rekindled a relationship which has since proven itself a great comfort in this dirty, dirty city and lucrative (it's also my most faithfulFat Girl Snacks client). Two days ago, that old friend gifted me a brand new laptop after mine went on life support. Look at God! No. I'm serious. Stand still and see.
Anyway, invest some time in people. Preferably enough to find some good in them, but always enough to show what's good, honest, pure and just in you. Right now I'm going to prepare my mouth and feet to speak and step in peace all day. You do the same and SHINE for Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment