Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Reality Check




I was just in the supermarket and stopped to admire a most beautiful basket of abundantly ripe peaches – not rotting, but probably mere hours from turning.  I thought to myself ‘these would make an amazing cobbler.’  In that moment, one of my several inner people (I’m not sure which), slapped me hard across the face and screamed in my ear.

            “B*tch, pay attention because you clearly don’t understand who we are right now.  You just pissed all over a commitment, negating months of discipline at that McDonald’s counter and bought a birthday cake from Yesterday’s Baked Goods, which you wholeheartedly plan to polish off in one serving.  You clearly comprehend you’re hungry, but these particular actions demonstrate you’re lazy and greedy also.  Get into it!  Now stop fantasizing about these damn peaches, take your lazy, greedy ass home and get fat.”

My inner people are so rude sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment